The NEO in action: Compact competence in case packing
The Meypack NEO Wrap-around case (or tray/lid) packing concept has been a number of years in planning and development, and recently introduced successfully into the marketplace.
This new machine series concept for producing wrap-around cases, or tray with lids, has been specifically engineered to meet a number of customer demands and needs. Namely, compact footprint, simple and fast tool free changeovers, easy access for operators-engineers-technicians, standardised components and a clean and hygienic design suitable for all production environments.
Typically, products are arriving on an infeed conveyor belt, and transported and cycled into following paddle-belt. Here, each pocket of the paddle-belt accepts one product and erects it in an upright standing position by a circular movement.
When the required number of products has been collated in the paddle-belt, a cross-pusher system takes over the individual product collation and transfers it onto an intermediate table.
Meanwhile, a flat wrap-around blank is extracted from the magazine brought from an upright standing into a horizontal position. The first gantry system is collecting the product collation and on the following transport the collation will be placed in an intermediate position. In the following action the gantry transfers the collation onto the blank, which has been folded to an “L” and here the flaps of the case are glued, folded around the pack collation and pressed together to provide a perfectly square and tight pack, ready for palletisation.
Hygienic & Clean Design
- Horizontal surfaces in the machine frame have been avoided as far as possible
- Frame profile made of bent stainless steel
- No hidden corners
- Exposed cable channels
- No use of chains at all
- Easy access to all actuators
- Simple access for operators & technicians
Compact & Low Maintenance
- Very small footprint with frame dimensions of approx. 4500mm x 4800mm
- Ground clearance of 100 – 250mm
- Maximum frame height of 2.100mm
- Simple magazine loading
- Low-maintenance linear bearings and guiding elements
- No central lubrication necessary
- Self-cleaning vacuum valves
Safe & Simple
- Maximum safety protection thanks to transparent, format-dependent safety guards
- Protective safety doors with guard locks
- Low number of format parts and adjustment points
- Customised format parts for reproducible, error-free format changeovers
- Changeover points and format parts are clearly marked
- Tool-free format changeovers